[TriEmbed] Free IEEE RoboResearch Event on May 20-21st

Charles West crwest at ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 29 10:12:06 CST 2016

Hello,

Registration for the IEEE RoboResearch Event on May 20-1st is now open.
The event is free and features some pretty interesting speakers, so I hope
you find it worth your time.  The schedule for the event is below.

Registration page:
http://sites.ieee.org/ncc-roboresearch/

The second day of the event is more focused on providing an educational
experience for K-12.  I would really appreciate it if someone(s) from the
list would be willing to give an Arduino talk and a Raspberry Pi talk.  If
you would be willing to help out, please reply to this email.

We also have some nice big breakout rooms for the event, so we have ample
room to show off anything that we would like.  If you have a project that
you would like to show people, please shoot me an email and we will clear
off a space at the event.

Thanks!
Charlie West

Schedule:

   Friday

   - 8:30-9:00 Register & Networking

   - 9:00-10:00 Legislation and flight: Flying drones legally and safely

   - 10:00-11:00 VTOL Fixed Wing UAVs

   - 11:00-11:30 Running a Drone Business

   - 11:30-12:00 Improving the Safety of Autonomous Small Unmanned Vehicles

   - 12:00-1:00 Lunch & Networking break

   - 1:00-2:00 Safe & Certified: Building UAVs to Manned Aircraft Standards

   - 2:00-2:30 Robotics as a Service

   - 2:30-3:30 Personal Rapid Transit

   - 3:30-4:30 Design and Control of a Home Delivery Logistics Network

   - 4:30-5:00 Geometry Streaming for Navigation

   - 5:00-5:30 Baxter Automation

   Saturday

   - 9:30-10:30 Introduction to programming with C/C++

   - 10:30-11:00 Building a Robot as a FIRST team

   - 11:00-12:00 Introduction to Embedded Programing with the Arduino

   - 12:00-1:00 Lunch Break

   - 1:00-2:00 Pi Time! : Introduction to Robotics with the Raspberry Pi

   - 2:00-2:30 What can you do with Electrical & Computer Engineering?

   - 2:30-3:00 What can you do with Computer Science?

   - 3:00-3:30 What can you do with Mechanical Engineering?

   - 3:30-4:00 What can you do with Industrial and Systems Engineering?

   - 4:00-4:30 What can you do with Biological and Agricultural Engineering?

   - 4:30-5:00 What can you do with Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering?