[TriEmbed] RARSfest 2016

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Feb 9 14:59:46 CST 2016

Hi Alex,

By happy coincidence I got the paperwork from the organizers over the
weekend and brought this up last night at the meeting.

Last year we had a group of tables hosted by Maniacal Labs (i.e. Adam
Haile and Dan Ternes), TriEmbed, Anibit (i.e. Jon Wolfe), and Splatspace
(Scott Hall, Shaw Terwilliger, Sarah Stack, and others). Five or six
tables total, but we were a bit cramped.  There was a terrific crowd
during the day and a lot of handouts were dispensed.

I recommend we do it again. Apart from getting the word out, Scott Hall
jump started a lot of people with soldering and I'm sure he'd be very
happy to have help with that. It's a truly excellent way to get rid of
nerd-surplus (or sell it and use the cash to buy more!)

Again, I have the paperwork from the organizers and would be happy to
arrange for the tables and electrical power. If we get our order in
early we can hopefully get a location closer to the center.

-Pete