[TriEmbed] Belkin N300 F7D6301 - Open WRT Issue

vikram sai balaji ulaganathan tayirvadai.vikram at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 00:07:27 CST 2016

Hi,
I have been trying to get the .bin file for F7D6301(V1) Belkin router. The
openwrt hardware table mentions its similar to F7D2301. I couldnt find the
openwrt / dd-wrt / tomato bin files for the router. I am a newbie for
routers and have very little hardware experience. I wanted to know if
anyone has any experience with openwrt for a similar hardware / if you have
had a chance to create an image for the router. For the past few days i
have tried unsuccessfully in getting a bin for the router. The one i
created does not upload to the router. Here is what i did after downloading
the openwrt image generator.

1. Created a profile in ramips - rt305x - belkin.mk folder in image
creator. added everything excluding usb
define Profile/F76301
        NAME:=Belking F76301
        PACKAGES:=\
                -kmod-usb-core -kmod-usb-rt305x-dwc_otg \
                -kmod-ledtrig-usbdev
endef
$(eval $(call Profile,F76301))

2. But when i try to upload the file (either vmlinuz or uimage.bin) via the
firmware upgrade section, it says the following
"Upgrade file is not the correct type or version for this device. Upgrade
failed. Please obtain the correct file and try again"

I wanted to know if i am doing something wrong. the documentation in
openwrt says i should use squashfs.bin, but the image generator is not
creating such a file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vikram