[TriEmbed] TriEmbed Digest, Vol 39, Issue 20

Shane Trent shanedtrent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:46:46 CDT 2016

Chip,

I think you could set timer for the carrier generation to produced 15
cycles and have the interrupt from the IR detector stop the pulse
generation and set your result flag. So if you reach 15 cycles, the path to
the reflector was blocked indicating an object in the path. This would let
you keep your IR LED drive time as short as possible by turning off the
drive as soon as the carrier is detected. So if your detector is awesome
and locks in 7 cycles, it only get 7 cycles. If the detector needs 12
cycles, it gets only 12 cycles.

I wonder if heavy fog or rain would reflect enough of the IR to trick the
receiver into believing it could ALWAYS see the reflective target?

Shane