[TriEmbed] September meeting & gift from OSH Park

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue Aug 23 14:16:06 CDT 2016

Folks,

   The September 12th meeting will be back in room 1007 of NCSU
Engineering Building One through December, but there is a chance we'll
get bumped to an alternate room by finals on December 12th. I'll update
the web site maps, etc, as soon as I can.

   I've pinged a few folks about program material, but gotten no bites,
so as things stand we're wide open to suggestions.

   Recently Drew Fustini of OSH Park <http://oshpark.com> discovered our
web site and email list and sent a number of compliments our way. And
Drew sent a $100 discount coupon. I propose we share this across the
group somehow. TriEmbed was created over the last few years by a lot of
people, and lots of you, both local and remote (out to Texas!) have
created the web and email content. Perhaps we could do a pair of PCB CAD
workshops and submit a set of design files with the coupon? A couple
Saturday morning at Splatspace, perhaps, for folks to get off square one
with the tools and then do final prep and submission of a set of
designs? Just an idea. But in simple terms, we're talking about three
copies of 20 square inches of PCB delivered from new or existing designs
(OSH Park has a mind boggling collection of community-submitted shared
designs). This might naturally feed into assembly and soldering
workshops in coming months.