[TriEmbed] FreeRTOS on STM32 Nucleo issue

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 13:56:40 CDT 2016

Alex, I'll bet the wait() function runs off an interrupt using a counter
based on the CPUs frequency which is probably more accurate, but has the
issue of using an interrupt. I've seen this type of thing before, but I
don't know if it actually applies in your case.

~Carl

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Alex Davis via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016, at 03:03 PM, Alex Davis wrote:
> > I reworked the semaphore passing examine from day 2 of the FreeRTOS
> > workshop to conform with MBED specifics. I've published the code here:
> >
> https://developer.mbed.org/users/uhclem/code/FreeRTOS-led-blink-semaphore2/
> snip...
> > The only other thing I may try is replace wait() with the inline
> > "Delay()" function used in the class example. I doubt it matters.
>
> As it turns out, it matters. You can't use wait(). I guess I'll
> eventually figure out why.
>
> I used the Delay() function from the class instead:
> void Delay(__IO uint32_t nCount)
> {
>     nCount = nCount*10000;
>   while(nCount--)
>   {
>   }
> }
>
> Now it works!
>
> --
> "The theater of noise is proof of our potential."
>
> You won't find me on Facebook.

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com