[TriEmbed] OSX 10.11 FTDI driver issues

jonjwolfe at anibit.com jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Wed Apr 13 16:35:11 CDT 2016

FTDI quickly backpeddled on their counterfeit-bricking drivers from 2
years, but apparently there is a new FTDIgate v2 a couple months ago
that I missed:

http://hackaday.com/2016/02/01/ftdi-drivers-break-fake-chips-again/

This one doesn't brick the hardware per se, but will make it potentially
unusable with the latest drivers. It doesn't affect Linux because the
drivers are open-source, I don't know about OSX.