[TriEmbed] OSX 10.11 FTDI driver issues

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:45:14 CDT 2016

Yes... they did back out the change that bricked the hardware, but if the
hardware was used with the old driver, it does not un-brick when used with
a new driver.  They actually changed the vendor ID in the chip so no driver
can find it again (even under Linux).  So once brick'ed it stays brick'ed
unless you can reprogram the vender ID.

The latest Windows change is to send a garbage string from the driver back
to the app, so not brick'ed, but also not usable. The advantage of this
system is that switching drivers or OS's does restore the functionality
again (ie: not permanent changes to the device).