[TriEmbed] Flashing FRDM-KL25z from Linux

vikram sai balaji ulaganathan tayirvadai.vikram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:34:29 CDT 2016

Hi,
I have been using a lot of raspberry type boards so far and this is the
first time for me to use a microcontroller. I got the FRDM-KL25Z and
started to use the following URL

http://karibe.ch/2013/08/setting-up-linux-opensource-build-and-debug-tools-for-freescale-freedom-board-frdm-kl25z/

Based on this, i was trying to install a sample led blinky program but it
doesnt seem to be working. I put the board in bootloader mode and copied
the CMSIS-DAP.S19 from a pre-compiled keil program. Eclipse also is able to
build the bin file using arm-non-eabi-gcc. When it cones to using openocd,
it says that the polling of K25z.cpu failed. And nothing seems to be
working. I do not have a windows machine. I have attached the log file
below. Since the debug level 1 is huge, i have attached it in the form of
an attachment and the no debug level is pasted below. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0-dev-00249-gb6c4a5d-dirty (2016-04-02-12:08)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Entering Home Path /home/tayirvadai
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'swd'
Info : add flash_bank kinetis kl25.flash
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
none separate
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
adapter speed: 50 kHz
Info : CMSIS-DAP: SWD  Supported
Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface Initialised (SWD)
Info : CMSIS-DAP: FW Version = 1.0
Info : SWCLK/TCK = 0 SWDIO/TMS = 1 TDI = 0 TDO = 0 nTRST = 0 nRESET = 0
Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface ready
Info : clock speed 50 kHz
Info : SWD IDCODE 0x0bc11477
Info : kl25.cpu: hardware has 2 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints
Info : MDM: Chip is unsecured. Continuing.
Polling target kl25.cpu failed, trying to reexamine
Info : SWD IDCODE 0x0bc11477
Info : kl25.cpu: hardware has 2 breakpoints, 2 watchpoints
Info : MDM: Chip is unsecured. Continuing.

Thanks
Vikram