[TriEmbed] Need help with a beginner circuit design

Dave Buster dave.buster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:24:11 CDT 2015

More answers and insight...

I don't want to annoy the forum with too many details, but I'm happy to
provide them.  This is actually a prototype of a product I'd like to sell
on a KickStarter eventually (if it works...)- although my wife still thinks
this is a hobby.  She's probably right.

The flashing LED and beeping piezo speaker are pretty easy to do with a 555
timer. I also need around 80Vdc, pulsed about twice per second.  The
current can be extremely low- just 1 mA or less.   The goal is a simple
electric field in salt water to annoy fishes, so ripple/noise doesn't
matter (no need to rectify it or smooth it with caps).  I've seen designs
for stun guns that use a 555 timer output into an audio transformer to step
up the voltage to 10s of thousands of volts.  That would work, but since I
only need 80 Vdc, someone else recommended the MAX1771 chip and built a
quick prototype using that for me.  It also works (and I tested it).
Bottom line- it just needs to be cheap and easy.

Once the design is roughed out, I could still use some help actually
building the thing in a PVC pipe. Therefore, if someone would like to pitch
in, I'd be happy to buy you coffee/lunch/dinner and talk through the whole
thing.  If we get this built, I'll present it at a meeting for all of you
to chuckle at.

Meanwhile, my Bitcoin miner arrives tomorrow...  so you KNOW I'm crazy...

db

<http://t.sidekickopen23.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XX45vMtjYVQZgwH64R1y4W8r4TLx56dPn8f5RTxgR02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brainyquote.com%2Fquotes%2Fauthors%2Fr%2Frichard_wagner.html&si=4964982235594752&pi=fb1b59c7-833f-48a2-c3b9-83810eda23b0>chard
Strauss*