[TriEmbed] Need help with a beginner circuit design

Dave Buster dave.buster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:55:45 CDT 2015

Hi-
I'm a long-time lurker on this email, but I'm not active.

It's been many, many years since I did Industrial engineering at NC State,
and I've mostly been doing data communications and cyber security since
then. In other words.... I'm no longer hands on. I don't even know how to
solder any more.

sigh.  This is embarrassing..

Now I have a need to design a build a simple analog circuit for a hobby of
mine, and I'm getting stumped.  I'm wondering if someone has some time to
give me a few pointers and/or help me with the design.

The battery-powered circuit will be very simple.  I need to flash an LED a
couple of times per second (I got that working with a 555 timer), then I
need to send beeps to a little piezo speaker (I'm still working on that),
and finally, I need to pulse a high-voltage/low-current DC signal about
twice per second.  I'm thinking of using a max1771 DC-DC converter for
that.  ...and I'm in over my head.

I won't be able to make it to the November meeting, but would it be
possible to get someone to spare an hour some other evening to discuss this?

Anyone want to volunteer to help a life-long learner?

Here is an email account I don't use very much, but I'll be checking it:

dave at tritonsharksignal.com

Also, if this is not appropriate for this email thread, my apologies.

thanks!

--
Dave Buster

KK4ELT on 2 meters

Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them.
*Ri
<http://t.sidekickopen23.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XX45vMtjYVQZgwH64R1y4W8r4TLx56dPn8f5RTxgR02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brainyquote.com%2Fquotes%2Fauthors%2Fr%2Frichard_wagner.html&si=4964982235594752&pi=6f98b148-9f74-482e-d75c-f87f6847e43c>chard
Strauss*