[TriEmbed] FTDI Issues

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Fri May 29 09:10:54 CDT 2015

> The ESP chip overdrew its power supply before, but the last time I used it was after that, so that can't be it.

Well, that could be it.  Just because the bridge didn’t break when the 18-wheeler drove over it, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t damaged to the point that it collapses after a few more small cars.

That said, dmesg and /var/log/messages are your friends.  With the device unplugged, sudo tail –f /var/log/messages then plug the device in.  Then you can see what the kernel does with it, if anything.

HTH,
-Brian