[TriEmbed] OSH Park booboo

The MacDougals paulmacd at acm.org
Sat Mar 7 15:01:47 CST 2015

I recently had a respin of my RS485 home automation node boards done at OSH park.  I am now using surface mount ATTiny84 and added switch debounce hardware.

I soldered it all up and ran my test code on the processor and everything worked fine.  I then went to attach it via RS485 and no-go.  I finally tracked it down to the eight pads of the dual-RJ11 socket not being plated through properly.  So, traces that connected on the bottom pads worked fine, but the few on the top did not connect.  I opened a support ticket with OSH Park and sent them some photos.  They looked at the Gerber files and agreed that the issue was with the fabrication and not the design.  They redid the boards on a ”hot” lot and I had new boards in a week.

---> Paul