[TriEmbed] PowerFet breakout Re: Recommended SMD Logic-Level MOSFETs for prototyping

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Jun 25 13:24:55 CDT 2015

OK, here's take two.

This is a general design for any SOIC8 chip with source on pins 1-3,
gate on 4, and drain on 5-8. The solder pad holes are a tad smaller than
1.3mm diameter and might support 16 gauge wire (but for sure 18 gauge).

   Board image and schematic pdf:
http://triembed.org/lib/PowerFetSOIC8-1<http://triembed.org/lib/IRF6201-20150624-BRD.png>

   (Eagle schematic
<http://triembed.org/lib/PowerFetSOIC8-1/PowerFetSOIC8-1.sch> and board
<http://triembed.org/lib/PowerFetSOIC8-1/PowerFetSOIC8-1.brd> files for
review)

If nobody sees a problem I'll upload this and have some made and test
them, hopefully before the next meeting. As soon as they do test out
I'll put the files in the "shared" area at OSH Park. As things stand if
I did the arithmetic right the bare boards will cost 41 cents each.

What about using GitHub for a library? Actually, let me restate that. No
way, no how will the TriEmbed web site be suitable for holding a library
for multiple reasons. :-)

Here are some notes about this board:
   - I just picked the first component file with the right pinout that I
found. I double checked that the IR part doesn't have a creative package
size. I'll cut over to Chip's library if I have to spin this. (I did
this work yesterday morning but couldn't get the "publishing done" until
today. "bread and butter")
   - I wish I knew how to cause the top polygon flood to go right around
the header and pad connections instead of having the three or four
traces connecting. What is the rationale for these traces vs just
connecting the entire circumference??
   - The bottom of the board is marked with "TriEmbed", "PowerFet", and
"2015".  The Creative Commons license is about the notion that no
license is worse than having a license and attribution helps keep the
Internet sane(ish).

-Pete