[TriEmbed] Transistor as switch

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Mon Jun 15 18:08:36 CDT 2015

Because this is a project for kids <14 I think I'll introduce them to a relay.  The project already has a transistor to operate an LED in conjunction with a Dallas one-wire temperature probe to indicate high temperature. The relay will turn on the motor so that the kids will see two ways to control devices externally powered (a flashing LED & the motor).  I guess I could consider a MOSFET, but I think it's more than I want to tackle at this point ... class is next week.

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Brian