[TriEmbed] RF Device Power.. TriEmbed Digest, Vol 25, Issue 19

Terry King terry at terryking.us
Fri Jun 12 09:16:52 CDT 2015

Hi,

nRF24L01 as I recall the data sheets, always returns a response packet. Other systems would allow
that to go to the Background Radiation BitBucket in the sky.  But NO...

I'm also working on ESP8266 to get some good how-to on ArduinoInfo.Info Soon I hope.. Got my Son
working on it :-) Hope to have both "WiFi Interface for Arduino" and "Standalone IOT Examples".

Power: Two things:

nRF24L01 is notorious for power supply / signal glitches that cause errors. I found this little
breakout that has both a 3.3V regulator and good bypassing:

http://yourduino.com/sunshop2/index.php?l=product_detail&p=467

It's worth it to keep the nRF24L01 troubles under control. And for earlier Arduinos without much
3.3V current capability it solves that.

ESP8266 also needs 3.3V power. AND 3.3 V signal levels.

The YourDuino RoboRED (UNO Compatible) that I suggested stuff for has both a high current (2A) 5V
supply and 500ma at 3.3V AND the ability to run the processor at 3.3V for direct connection to
ESP8266 etc.  Link:
https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/YourDuino-RoboRED

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop... !!

Regards, Terry King
...In the Woods in Vermont USA
terry at terryking.us

-The One who Dies with the most Parts LOSES. What do you need??