[TriEmbed] Smart Hot Water heater

Dwight Morgan dwight.w.morgan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:09:54 CDT 2015

Thanks Craig. I'll look into the hot water heater project on the link you shared. Between home responsibilities I continue to work on and refine my circuit for getting the on/off signal from the 230 volt main feeding my HWH and the Python code for processing and recording. I'm happy to say the real test with my circuit worked well for putting out a 3 volt DC signal and lighting an LED. But the RPi was not connected. Now I'm testing different codes as I learn them using a 3 volt battery. Yesterday I got a button to detect rising edge as on and falling edge as off. I did get a little bounce and not sure if the actual heater contacts will behave similar. However, I want my code to be able to handle that in any case. I still have a bit of a learning curve but feel confident I will get there.
I have to say again thanks to Paul, Pete, and Shane for the help.
Thanks!
Dwight

Sent from my iPhone