[TriEmbed] Large Format Laser Cutting Needed

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Fri Jun 5 06:56:09 CDT 2015

I'm building a 1mx2m LED Matrix display (from the LEDs purchased in the
January group buy). I've got the frame fabricated and will install the LEDs
and power systems this weekend... but the one thing that's still a bit up
in the air is how I'm going to divide the pixels. By which I mean box off
each pixel so that no only does the light from one not bleed into the other
when diffused, but so that each round LED shows up as a perfect 40mm square
pixel.

Currently my plan is to use this method:
http://wyolum.com/paper-baffle-extension-with-inkscape/

I know the creator of that extension well, who even has a laser cutter and
has offered to cut them for me... but his can only handle a max dimension
of about 18". While I could cut a bunch of smaller sections, I would really
prefer to have the baffles be in the largest continuous size possible, so
1m would be preferred.

Does anyone either have a cutter that large or know of a place I could
order these from (file included)?

Alternatively, I'm open to other suggestions. My major concern with this
method, while cheap, is that they would not be particularly sturdy. My
current plan for the diffuser is basically just some white cloth stretched
over the whole frame like a stretched canvas. But, if the front of the
display were to get bumped during transport or something, it would
literally crush the baffles.

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Adam