[TriEmbed] EE tutorial talks

kschilf at yahoo.com kschilf at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 17:34:33 CDT 2015

Hi Pete,
Embedded systems are a mix of hardware and software to tackle a specific application with unique constraints of power, size, etc; otherwise, just throw a server rack at the problem.  :-)

There are many interesting topics beyond the Nuts and Volts:  machine to machine IOT stuff, mesh networks, image processing, computer vision, security, tracking, motor control, filtering, etc.  I have only been to a few meetings, but I am impressed at the number of people willing to share their expertise.  I enjoyed the presentations last month especially from Maniacal Labs because I am contemplating my own Kickstarter.  How can you say no to blinking LED's?  LED's are to Geeks as donuts are to Homer Simpson.  :-)

Many technical groups are hard-pressed to find anyone to talk at their meetings.

My input would be to setup some blocks (20 to 30 minutes at your discretion) in the next few months for member presentations.  Watch the clock, if the presentation goes long, it can always spill into the adhoc discussion at the end or re-appear at another meeting.  If we run out of slots, have the presenters submit a brief outline and have the group vote on what they want to hear about.
I am disappointed that I will miss the the pump presentation next month.  Please make the video available.  I will plan on talking in September, but I am happy to do it later if that makes more sense.  :-)

Sincerely,Kevin Schilf