[TriEmbed] EE tutorial talks

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sat Jul 25 13:39:47 CDT 2015

Well, this is slightly shocking and embarrassing, but for the August
meeting I look forward to hearing how it went: it's unlikely I'll be in
town! I really don't like my personal situation getting on the list, but
depending on how my mom is doing (hopefully well), my wife and I need to
disappear and chill for a while between taking our daughter to her
university and getting back for my wife to go back to work. So we might
be in Tuscon on the 10th, or we might be in a tent off Blue Ridge
Parkway, but we're not likely to be here.

That said, I'd love to support the August tutorials as the primary focus
of the meeting, while of course keeping the meeting open to the
traditional face to face talks, on the fly demos, etc.

I've got some equipment that might be useful for somebody to use for
demos. For example I have an electronic load (Maynuo M9711) that can
present a constant current, constant voltage, constant power, or
constant resistance load. With a power source (which I can lend too: a
Siglent SPD3303S) and a pot or three with a couple of calibration marks
(or a decade resistance box or two) it should be possible to demonstrate
Ohm's Law enough different ways for folks to get a gut level feel for
what this is about for DC. In combination with Ryan's water demo and
what others have floated (heh heh), it should be interesting. On the
other hand, there are no doubt vastly better pieces of equipment within
a few yards of the August meeting place that might be pressed into service.

Anyway, I was so focused on the likelihood of missing a later August
date that I lost sight of the TriEmbed meeting and apologize for setting
false expectations of my participation.