[TriEmbed] MCP3008 issues

Brian triembed at undecidedgames.net
Thu Jul 16 09:02:13 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

Without knowing the internal architecture of the chip, I can't say
whether the every-other behavior is a likely failure mode.  That said, I
have to say offhand it sounds more likely to be a wiring / assembly
problem.  Check carefully for cold joints* and solder bridges.  Can you
post a photo of the front and back of your assembled board?

* Cold joints are identifiable by dull appearance of the solder, and the
solder appearing to sit on top of the contacts rather than having flowed
smoothly over them.

HTH,
-Brian