[TriEmbed] Backup Power for Raspberry Pi 2

pete@soper.us pete at soper.us
Wed Jul 15 12:17:53 CDT 2015

This phone/tablet thing seems ideal for a five volt device.
I had an old UPS lying around and used that with 12 and five volt wall warts for my house Samba server running on an Odroid C1 with a big but power efficient disk drive. It's run perfectly for three months now, and uses 1/30th as much power as the system it replaced (which is awakened once a day to rsync the shared files to a RAID volume). Except I failed to measure the power lost in the UPS itself. Will do that when I get back to town.

Pete