[TriEmbed] Stepper Motor

Jon Wolfe jonjwolfe at anibit.com
Tue Jan 20 12:59:11 CST 2015

Jeff beat me to it. The best way to test would be to measure the resistance between the leads. What to look for depends on your particular motor though.

Looking at the picture, I see the shaft is offset, meaning this is most likely a geared motor. Not all gear sets are "back-driveable", so the resistance to hand-turning may not be an indicator of the motor's condition.

Jeff :)