[TriEmbed] Circuit Help

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:44:25 CST 2015

You need to use an old trick with a DPDT switch:

+ in --------------------\

                  +------|------+
                  |  A   B   C------------- out +/-
                  |    --  --   |
                  +------|------+
                         |          A---F  terminals
- in --------------------/          D---C  cross connected

It is a cross-over circuit.  When the relay is thrown right, C is +, and F
is -
When the relay is thrown left, C is -, and F is +

- sgh

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Grawburg via TriEmbed <
triembed at triembed.org> wrote:

> I have a quarter-turn ball valve with a 12V actuator [HSH-Flo 1/2" DN15
> 12VDC CR-05 FNPT SS304 Position Feedback Motorized Electric Ball Valve.]
> I'm using opto-isolated relay activated by a Raspberry Pi but can only
> control one direction because the valve reverses direction by flipping the
> leads. If I was doing it mechanically I would have a double pole triple
> throw rotary switch. I cannot find a suitable opto-isolated relay that is
> 2P3T...at least one that doesn't cost a fortune. Any suggestions to help me
> think this through would be welcomed.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian Grawburg

Scott G. Hall