[TriEmbed] lqfp-100 "proto-clip"?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Apr 30 15:28:01 CDT 2015

It's been a long, long time since I needed to stick in-circuit emulator
"chip clips" onto microprocessors, but I'm wondering if cleverness has
kept pace with modern package design? Any chance there's a means of
connecting at least (say) a half dozen pins of an lqfp-100 package to
some test equipment? Oh wait, there's a Kickstarter for this that
combines a trivial vacuum-pad that sticks onto the package and holds a
ring of little springy-things that rotate around and sit on the
arbitrary half dozen chip leads of interest while feeding them into a
standard .1" center header for a logic analyzer. Oh, actually, I just
had a dream about that, so maybe somebody else is/could go ahead and get
the show going. But what do folks out in the real world do about this
that doesn't involve kynar and a soldering iron?