[TriEmbed] Learning Curve

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 08:46:59 CDT 2015

I am on this journey as well.  I plan to present to the June Triembed meeting on what I have learned over the last few months doing an edX course.

This sounds close to what you are describing...

https://www.edx.org/course/embedded-systems-shape-world-utaustinx-ut-6-02x#.VSA6zOSA8yo

Here is a link to the content we are working from (the labs are missing):

http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~valvano/Volume1/E-Book/

I am scheduled to speak on the Ebmedded Systems podcast.  It will be about the edX course and also how to learn embedded systems in general. (I plan to read Elecia's book to compare the two).

This is an interesting email thread for me.  I like the observations of "Maker" vs "Engineer".  The edX course is on the Engineering side, but certainly can be applied to Maker as well.

Craig

I think what Burr wrote defines my target audience perfectly!
If anyone else found themselves nodding along to what Burr wrote below, please email me: I'd love to get more details on what people would like to get out of an "Embedded Software 101" (and maybe 102, 201, etc...) class.
(My current target would be someone who has at least *some* programming experience, but not necessarily a seasoned professional - a bit of Ruby, Python, Javascript, etc. would be good enough.)
Thanks!
-svec