[TriEmbed] Wireless Camera for 3D Printer

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:26:25 CDT 2015

Dishit,

There is also a great motor controlled mount that works great with the RPi
camera. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10335

Also, don't worry about getting it to stream, any camera can stream video,
the software controls that. So looking for the right software would be your
next task.

Carl

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Glen Smith <mrglenasmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that you could use most any camera, but since you have a Pi
> sitting there already it seems like the easiest thing to do would be use a
> Pi camera that are available most anywhere a Pi is for around 25 - 30 bucks.
>
> I don't know if it will stream, if you are looking for that, then probably
> an Ethernet camera would be the way to go.
>
> Glen
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Dishit Parekh <dpparekh at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using a CubePro Trio 3d Printer from 3D Systems in my lab at NC
>> state and wish to control it wirelessly from an outdoor location (home,
>> office, etc.). I am planning to use the OctoPrint <http://octoprint.org>
>> software for the controlling part with a Raspberry Pi. Can you suggest me
>> some good cameras to monitor the activity of my 3d printer for the same.
>> Thank you! :)
>>
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Dishit Parekh
>> *PhD Student - 2nd Year,*
>> *External VP, **CBE GSA*
>>
>> *Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CBE),North Carolina
>> State University, USA.*
>> *Phone (M):* (919) 888-8274, *E-mail:* dpparekh at ncsu.edu *
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dishit-parekh/22/819/5a0/>*

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)