[TriEmbed] replacement thermocouples for reflow oven

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Sep 25 17:21:17 CDT 2014

OK, finding affordable thermocouples didn't take long.

If I buy some of these Adafruit type K thermocouples (replacing the heat
shrink on the end with something that can handle higher heat and paying
attention to "polarity") and arrange to switch them into my oven
controller (i.e. either/or with the existing ones), what's likely to
happen? If the oven also uses type K should this "just work"? Is there
some way to determine what type of thermocouples I have now? (this isn't
mentioned in the manual)

http://www.adafruit.com/products/270