[TriEmbed] Internet of Things

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Sep 19 08:00:51 CDT 2014

Hi there,
I have two items of news regarding devices for the Internet of Things (IoT).

1. Energia, the Arduino IDE and code for Texas Instrument's MSP430
micro-controllers is now available for the TI CC3200 Wifi SoC. I tried
this out yesterday on the $30 CC3200-LAUNCHXL board and programmed it
using my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop.
http://energia.nu/pin-maps/guide_cc3200launchpad/

2. Seeed Studio has brought out the LinkIt ONE for $80. This board has
ARM7 CPU, GSM, GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE, GPS, Audio codec,
LiPo, and SD card. It has headers for Arduino shields and connectors
for their Grove series of peripherals.
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/LinkIt-ONE-p-2017.html

Bill