[TriEmbed] How to get Students to the meeting next week?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Fri Sep 5 09:43:37 CDT 2014

As this is the first TriEmbed meeting after the start of classes, I
would ask us all to consider how next week's meeting could encourage
student attendance and engagement with our group.  Paul will cover
interrupts - an important and foundational concept - and I encourage
each of you to engage with students in breakouts later to help them on
the subjects that are important to them.  As a reminder, meeting details
are here. <http://triembed.org/blog/?page_id=292>

Do you have ideas that could help pack that room out? I'd be happy to
rendezvous with you on campus to facilitate this and suspect others will
pitch in too.

As we saw last month, we need to make sure we manage the agenda so that
the presenters can share their projects AND we have enough time for
discussion and breakouts.  With the start of the school year, it is a
good time to set presenter-centric policies and rules for moderation to
ensure that our time together is well spent.

I look forward to seeing you all next week, to building attendance among
the students and to hearing about all the projects and learning this
group has to share.

Regards,
Pete
919 270 9433