[TriEmbed] Robotics and Automation meeting on quadcopter formation/control on Monday

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:29:59 CDT 2014

The next meeting of the IEEE Robotics and Automation (previously the
Triangle Amateur Robotics group) is this coming Monday, October 6.

This should be a great meeting as it will be led by James Conrad (head of
the robotics program at UNC Charlotte, 2015 IEEE Southeast region 3
director, previous active TAR member, author of Stiquito robotics books,
all around great speaker)

The talk will be based on work by him and his students on quadcopter
formation and control - flying quadcopters autonomously in groups to
accomplish a common goal.

The meeting URL is: https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/27177

This will be a great followup to our last meeting on the legal implications
of autonomous aircraft in NC.  That talk was video taped and uploaded to
Youtube.  The talk was divided into three sections which are available here:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_4tHKiJT1o
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzHWguju24
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnt--LJl3AA

I look forward to seeing you there...

PS: Please register so I have an idea of how much food/drink to preorder.