[TriEmbed] DIY Metal solder paste stencil for SMD

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue May 6 17:32:27 CDT 2014

Fascinating.

I'd like to add one additional warning about those chemicals. Acetone
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammability_limit> will ignite at twice
the air/fuel ratio of gasoline and it's very volatile, so at higher
temps like described in that how-to it might be possible to set yourself
up for something extremely unpleasant with an open flame or spark in the
vicinity. A very, very good mask would be a given, of course. But the
hydrochloric acid/peroxide mixture made my hair stand on end.  I didn't
read must past that, so I don't know if they call for heating that
mixture...

Around age 11-12 I  was casting zinc/sulfur solid rocket propellant and
doing other insanely dangerous things. But now days after reading this
the hundred dollars for a stainless steel stencil seems completely
reasonable. :-)

-Pete