[TriEmbed] Seeking Expert for Controlling Stepper Motors.

Sofie Permana shperman at ncsu.edu
Sun Mar 23 12:42:53 CDT 2014

An off-the-shelf solution that I used is Little Step-U motor driver
http://www.parallax.com/product/27938. I use it to control the stepper
motor on my current project. It communicating through serial communication,
and already have a complete drive system, can do half/full step, and can
incorporate emergency switch input (http://www.tla.co.nz/littlestep.pdf).
You just need to send the desired speed or position and it'll take care of
the rest (calculating and sending command). It is pretty easy to use and I
don't need to redo making the driver.
I connect mine to PC using with
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm.

Sofie