[TriEmbed] (POE) Ethernet microcontroller

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Mar 21 12:15:25 CDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Rodney Radford <ncgadgetry at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, reading into the comments I saw a reference to the link below on
> the terms of use of the BBB:
>
> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Terms_of_Use
>
> It seems they are not okay with taking the BBB and incorporating it directly
> (as a built board) into your production design.  They are okay with taking
> the design itself and including it into your own custom board.

You need to put your lawyer hat on and re-read the Terms of Use:

They do not "support" incorporating the BBB board into your product.
They do not restrict you from doing this, and lot's of companies are
doing exactly that. They are basically avoiding any commercial or
legal issues with the BBB not being fit for purpose. Beagle Bone does
not want to spend money supporting 3rd party commercial products. If
you incorporate the BBB into your commercial product you take on the
responsibility of providing all service and support.

You can manufacture the BBB yourself, probably excluding the
trademarked logos, and then it's up to you to support any customers
that you sell it to.

Bill