[TriEmbed] Low cost OpenWRT

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed Jun 25 07:39:58 CDT 2014

Hello,
Has anyone else looked at the VoCore project ?

It uses the Ralink RT5350F, a very low cost SoC that can run OpenWRT.
There are a number of other products on the market that use this chip,
including the Belkin Wifi Power Switches and home automation gadgets.

The downside is Ralink does not sell or distribute their chipsets in
the USA. This is a roadblock for me ... since I want to build 100 to
start with and not thousands (yet). If you have an idea of how to get
around the supply issues, please tell me...

VoCore:
http://vonger.cn/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vocore-a-coin-sized-linux-computer-with-wifi

Deal Extreme Wifi <--> Serial
http://www.dx.com/p/rt5350f-serial-port-ethernet-network-wireless-network-conversion-module-w-shielding-cover-239155

Small Wifi router to attach to a "3G" modem:
http://my-embedded.blogspot.com/2013/12/mini-4g-router-rt5350f.html

Bill