[TriEmbed] Two future IEEE R&A talks on quadcopters

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:48:41 CDT 2014

Are you interested in learning more about the regulations of flying
quadcopters? The IEEE Robotics and Automation chapter will be presenting an
interactive discussion on who can fly and what can be flown in North
Carolina as the law now exists. We will look at the current and proposed
law including North Carolina law and the to be proposed federal
regulations. We will discuss when and where will Certificates of
Authorization might be required. Does it matter if I am flying for a hobby
and fun or for commercial purposes? What limitations might apply? Can I fly
for agricultural purposes? Will I be required to have education or
training? We will discuss these questions along with many others.

If you would like to submit questions ahead of time, please email the
speaker directly at jrvann at vannattorneys.com

August 4: Flying Unmanned Aircraft in North Carolina Today
https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/27311

In addition, we will be hosting a meeting on autonomous quadcopter swarm
formation and control in October 6 - so put that one on your calendar as
well!https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/27177

The meetings are free and open to the public - we only request that you
register in advance so we can better determine the room size needed and the
amount of food/drink provided before the meeting.