[TriEmbed] Power Supply rail current

Adam Haile email at adamhaile.net
Tue Jul 8 13:43:10 CDT 2014

I'm still diving into my high current supply enclosure build but ran into a
question about the supply I'm looking to buy:
http://www.jameco.com/1/1/2936-se-600-5-se-600-500w-ac-dc-enclosed-switching-power-supply.html

It's rated at 100A and has 3 separate power rails. Each of which seem
pretty small for 100A. The datasheet (on the link provided) doesn't mention
each power rail being only able to handle a portion of the total rated
current so I assume they are just there for convenience. However, my
ampacity tables are recommending around a 2 gauge wire for 100A... which is
freaking huge. Not even sure I could fit that on the supply terminals.

Should I just tie all three outputs into one to step up the gauge?

Also, anyone know where you can actually buy a 100A binding post?