[TriEmbed] Meet Sopo - your own personal robot!

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:45:35 CDT 2014

https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/meeting_view/list_meeting/26573

Reminder that Monday will be the July IEEE/TAR meeting and we will have the
designer of Sopo, come out to talk about his robot, the company, and allow
us to interact with it.

Sopo was developed by Opobotics, a Rocky Mount, NC robotics company, and
was designed to entertain, communicate, and to be easily programmed using
the GUI software. Sopo communicates with your computer using WiFi
technology and can even be controlled by your tablet or phone.

Sopo also has the goal to help inspire young minds and get them excited
about robotics and works with local schools to give presentations, talks,
and lets the students work directly with Sopo.

During this meeting, we will meet the designer of Sopo, hear more about the
robot, and even get a chance to see and interact with the robot in person.

As always, we encourage you to follow the link below to sign up so we know
how many to expect at this month's meeting:

https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/meeting_view/list_meeting/26573