[TriEmbed] Twitter Questions

Jeff Highsmith jeff at jeffhighsmith.com
Thu Jan 30 10:12:03 CST 2014

Chip,

You might consider adding a Raspberry Pi with an XBee radio. You could leave your existing sensor network in place, but use the XBee network to take advantage of the Pi's capabilities when needed. I use a Pi with XBee to fetch colors from the internet for my Cheerlights trees (https://github.com/BabyWrassler/CheerlightsXBee2012) after being dissatisfied running an Arduino with an Ethernet shield.

On the Python side, I've had good luck using the Tweepy library (https://github.com/tweepy/tweepy) to add Twitter capabilities to Python scripts (http://makezine.com/projects/cheerbot-color-hunting-room-roamer-changes-tree-colors/    and    http://makezine.com/projects/pilarm-portable-raspberry-pi-room-alarm/).

Jeff :)