[TriEmbed] Next Monday's Talk

Charles McClelland chip at mcclellands.org
Wed Dec 3 22:15:42 CST 2014

To all,

Last meeting, I talked with some of you about a project I have been working on with Eddie from the Raleigh Bike Chain.  For our next meeting, he has agreed to bring in a wheel stand and demonstrate the progress he has made.  Here is a rough idea of the project:

The idea is to make it easier for mechanics in a bike shop to true a bike wheel.  I used the Microview and a linear potentiometer and Eddie is providing the expertise and the mechanical design.  The potentiometer is attached to the frame of the stand or bike and it measures the wobble of the wheel as it passes by.  Then, the device helps the mechanic find the place where the wheel is most out of true to begin a series of adjustments.  Please let me know if there is interest in this topic, I know that Eddie and I would appreciate the input from the group.

Also, I have been updating the documentation of my Air Quality Sensor on the TriEmbed Wiki here <http://triembed.org/blog/?page_id=736>.  Please take a look and comment on the site.  I will bring the LinkIt ONE and my new Air Quality Board to the next meeting for the show and tell session.

Thanks,

Chip