[TriEmbed] Proposed talk for September's meeting

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Wed Aug 13 19:10:13 CDT 2014

I'd like to hear how the Beaglebone compares to the Raspberry Pi for this application - especially the analog data gathering.

Brian Grawburg

Subject: [TriEmbed] Proposed talk for September's meeting

Lee Atkinson has been working on Beaglebone Black's using the Cloud-9 IDE and Node.JS to connect to "Fidget"s sensor and actuator breakout boards.

I thought it would make a great presentation talk for the Sept. 8 meeting.  Lee's example is to gather data from voltage and current, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and light level sensors and do data logging, and filtering for triggers to set or unset a relay(s).  I think this dovetails well with this month's talk on sending that data to an online datastore for aggregation and analytics.