[TriEmbed] reply to Rodney about LED

Rodney Radford ncgadgetry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:49:22 CDT 2014

After sending my previous email, i did think of a case where having the
resistor on the GND side helps (or VCC side if sinking instead of sourcing
current).  If you are driving several LEDs, you can use a single chip
resistor array for all the LEDs where the resistors are arranged in a
package with a single common lead on one side.

See the "Resistor arrays" section of this page:

http://www9.dw-world.de/rtc/infotheque/electronic_components/resistors.html

When using a part of this type, you tie the common end of the LEDS to GND
(or VCC) and then the other side to your microprocessor for source (or
sink) of each LED.