[TriEmbed] (no subject)

Carl Nobile carl.nobile at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:28:54 CDT 2014

There are various way to look at this. Remember this is a series circuit
which means that it doesn't really matter which side of the LED the
resister is connected to. However, when the circuit changes from a basic
series circuit to a series/parallel it could very well may matter which
side the resister is on. But in most cases where we are just blinking an
LED it makes no technical difference (shorting scope leads aside).

Carl

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Fred Ebeling <FEbeling at ecpdesigns.com>wrote:

> I have found that wiring the LED to ground with the resistor
> to the plus voltage source is better in that it will survive
> a accidental short of the LED to Ground.  Common short
> is caused by ground clip of scope flying around.
>
> Fred Ebeling
> ECP Designs
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Grawburg
> Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:59 AM
> To: Triangle Embedded Devices
> Subject: [TriEmbed] (no subject)
>

> Looking at various projects for the Raspberry Pi I see LEDs wired with the
> resistor between the GPIO and the LED anode and the cathode to ground, and
> I see it wired with the resistor between the cathode and ground.  The first
> seems better (based upon what I'm learning from all of you), so I wonder
> when is it better to connect the LED in the second manner, i.e.
> ground--resistor--cathode?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Grawburg
>
> --
> I will no longer use Mozilla/Firefox. I now use Opera Web Browser.

Carl J. Nobile (Software Engineer)
carl.nobile at gmail.com