[TriEmbed] (no subject)

Fred Ebeling FEbeling at ECPDesigns.com
Mon Apr 21 11:25:53 CDT 2014

I have found that wiring the LED to ground with the resistor
to the plus voltage source is better in that it will survive
a accidental short of the LED to Ground.  Common short
is caused by ground clip of scope flying around.

Fred Ebeling
ECP Designs

-----Original Message-----
From: Grawburg
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:59 AM
To: Triangle Embedded Devices
Subject: [TriEmbed] (no subject)

Looking at various projects for the Raspberry Pi I see LEDs wired with the
resistor between the GPIO and the LED anode and the cathode to ground, and I
see it wired with the resistor between the cathode and ground.  The first
seems better (based upon what I'm learning from all of you), so I wonder
when is it better to connect the LED in the second manner, i.e.
ground--resistor--cathode?

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg

--
I will no longer use Mozilla/Firefox. I now use Opera Web Browser.