[TriEmbed] Meeting @ Raleigh Hamfest this Saturday

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Apr 17 11:31:48 CDT 2014

In lieu of a meeting at Splatspace this month there will be a meeting of
TriEmbed at the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society Hamfest (RARSFest
<http://rars.org/rarsfest/>) in the Jim Graham building at the NC
Fairgrounds this Saturday. Unfortunately it costs $10 to get into the
hamfest, but for embedded development enthusiasts its worth it to meet
fellow enthusiasts and oggle and/or buy part of the fractional acres of
gizmos, gadgets and components (plus some distracting radio equipment,
but just look the other way).

Scott Hall is in charge of the official TriEmbed table and it will be
along side tables for Splatspace <http://splatspace.org> and TriLUG
<http://trilug.org> (Triangle Linux Users Group). He set up a Meetup
Page
<http://www.meetup.com/splatspace/events/174892362/?a=ea2_grp&rv=ea2&_af_eid=174892362&_af=event>.
Ignore the 7am to 5pm times on this page: The doors open for regular
attendees at 8am and the place begins to wind down quickly by 2pm.

Unless they're sold out before dawn that morning Jon Wolfe and I intend
to get two tables to sell stuff and act as a defacto secondary TriEmbed
site. We'll try to be close to Scott's tables. Jon will have some of his
Anibit products on display while I attempt to get rid of my remaining
amateur radio-related components. Jon and I will both be demonstrating
various things.

The best way to get to the 'Fest is as follows:
    Consult this map: http://goo.gl/maps/KhJ0a

The Graham building is the big rectangle to the lower-left of the
fish-like roof. It's the largest building closest to the corner of
Hillsborough and Youth Center Drive. The easy way to get to the 'Fest is
to make the turn onto Youth Center and then take a right through the
gates and double back to the parking that is SW of the Graham building
and then walk up the hill. The tickets are sold on the far side of the
building.