[TriEmbed] Arduino UNO/Mega, interrupts

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Sep 27 12:30:11 CDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Alan Wiggs <alanwiggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a project where I am running 4 servos and calling to (simple) falling
> interrupts on Pins 2 & 3.

I believe the Arduino servo library uses the 16 bit timer (TMR0 ?) to
interrupt the CPU in order to update the pins connected to each servo.
 It should be able to support more than 4 servos, but please check the
source code for the library and let us know.

Do the external interrupt pins conflict with the timer interrupt ?

Could your external interrupt code be taking too long and holding off
the interrupt from the timer, resulting in jittery PWM signals to the
servos ?

Bill