[TriEmbed] Power Supplies

Glen Smith mrglenasmith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:28:44 CDT 2013

I still have a protoboard that has a melted spot in it from an exciting
event with an over powered unfused supply. I shorted + & - 12 volts across
a 741 op amp. It split the 8 pin pdip package in half & sent the top half
up to the ceiling from bench height, leaving a tiny burn mark there.

Ah college....

I would definetly put a fuse in there.

Glen