[TriEmbed] Anyone done much work with home automation?

Charles West crwest at ncsu.edu
Sun Oct 13 22:36:31 CDT 2013

Hello,

I'm thinking of doing a Linux command line/home automation project for my
Spoken Dialogs System class.  I think I am going to base the system off of
ROS and try to link with a existing home automation system for low level
control of house stuff using X10 and others.  Preliminary research has
dredged up the following links (which might be of interest).

An interesting and well supported home automation solution written in perl
Mister House
http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/

A (large) Linux home automation link list
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/

Power plug control via TTL
http://www.powerswitchtail.com/Pages/default.aspx

Another power plug control option
http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?category=9&product_id=1014_2

A complete graphical open source home automation solution
http://www.linuxmce.org/

If I may ask, has anyone worked with these (particularly Mister House)?

Thanks,
Charlie West