[TriEmbed] Raspberry Pi & Detection Sensor

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Mon Oct 7 12:51:39 CDT 2013

I'm working on a project to demonstrate how a basic conveyor system can separate
different size objects by using some HO train cars and electric turn-out switches.

The intention is to have a detector, either a visible light photocell arrangment using
LEDs or an infrared LED emitter/receiver.  The turn-out switch will be isolated from
the Pi with a relay.

I know the photocell will give me a basic ON-OFF (high-low), but what does the IR
LED give?  I will have a timer loop in my Python code that instructs the switch to remain
in the diverted position for x-seconds and then return to the default position.

Brian Grawburg
Wilson