[TriEmbed] One final question regarding my solenoid project

Scott Hall scottghall1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 17:18:29 CST 2013

I would.  I would also disconnect the Vcc line to R1 from the on-board Vcc and
instead connect it to the R'Pi's Vcc line.

That relay board is designed to work with the more tolerant Arduino 5V I/O pins,
not the delicate 3.3V R'Pi GPIO pins.  Separating the optoisolator's input from
the rest of the board keeps the R'Pi's outputs from driving anything but an LED.

I've got an almost identical 4-relay board from SainSmart
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057OC5O8/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
same schematic per channel, and that is how I got mine to work safely.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA